As we study our position in Christ, we see that He became sin to connect us to God’s righteousness. Jesus became cursed to unite us with the blessing. He was made sick with our sicknesses to make us whole with His healing. In the same work of redemption, Jesus gained the victory that we needed. We need to acknowledge that His triumphant victory is now ours.
Follow along with this teaching by video or audio and learn more about your victory and rightstanding with God in Christ.
[And I pray] that the participation in and sharing of your faith may produce and promote full recognition and appreciation and understanding and precise knowledge of every good [thing] that is ours in [our identification with] Christ Jesus [and unto His glory]. Philemon 1:6 (AMPC)
That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus. Philemon 1:6 (KJV)
Acknowledge means “to express recognition of; make notice of, or express gratitude or appreciation for or to.” Once we learn what is operative in us because of our being in Christ, we need to express that it is in us and give thanks.
Everything in Christ Is Ours by Redemption
- His righteousness is now ours. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. 2 Corinthians 5:21
- His life is now ours. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20
- His blessing is now ours. Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: 14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. Galatians 3:13-14
- Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: Ephesians 1:3
- His healing is ours. Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. 1 Peter 2:24
- His riches are ours. For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich. 2 Corinthians 8:9
- His inheritance is equally ours. And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. Romans 8:17
The Heritage or Inheritance of God Includes Victory
And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. 14 In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee. 15 Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake. 16 Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy. 17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. Isaiah 54:13-17
- Victory over all the power of the enemy. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Luke 10:19
- Victory in every situation. Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place. 2 Corinthians 2:14
- Jesus met the adversary, conquered him, and stripped him of his authority. And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it. Colossians 2:15
- Having stripped off and away from himself the principalities and authorities, He boldly made an example of them, leading them in a triumphal procession in it. Colossians 2:15 (WET)
- And the hostile princes and rulers He shook off from Himself, and boldly displayed them as His conquests, when by the Cross He triumphed over them. Colossians 2:15 (Weymouth)
Mankind Needed the Victory Over the Devil
This victory was as much a part of the substitutionary work as the carrying away of our sins and sicknesses. Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; Hebrews 2:14
- The J.B. Rotherham Emphasized Bible says, “…he paralyzed the death-dealing authority of the devil.”
- The Wuest Expanded Translation says, “…render inoperative the one having the dominion of death, that is, the devil.”
I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. Revelation 1:18
God Sees the Redeemed as Absolute Conquerors
Over All the Forces of Darkness
Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: 13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: Colossians 1:12-13
The word translated means “to transfer, to carry away, to remove from one place to another.” For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. 1 John 5:4
The word overcometh means “ to conquer, defeat, or subdue.” We are equipped to stand victorious over all that the enemy may try to do.
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. Ephesians 6:11-12, 16
Our victory is spiritual and eternal.
O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? 56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord. 1 Corinthians 15:55-58
Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God’s elect? It is God that justifieth. 34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. Romans 8:33-37
1. What does it mean to acknowledge “every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus”? Give examples of some things you can acknowledge.
2. List and describe the benefits that are ours in Christ through His redemption.
3. Explain the victory that is ours by heritage or inheritance.
4. Describe the victory that mankind needed and how Jesus Christ gained that victory.
5. Why does God see the redeemed as absolute conquerors over the devil?
6. What are the areas in your life where you can apply faith to this victory and see things change? List the specific areas where you need to enforce victory and make a plan to apply your faith to those areas.
This series, In Christ Volume 1, covers many details about the tremendous change that takes place in the life of a believer. The Bible declares that if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature- a new species of being. In this twelve-part series, Michelle Steele provides a firm foundation of your position and right standing in Christ Jesus. To order the “In Christ” Series and/or Study Guide: https://faith-builders-with-philip-and-michelle-steele.myshopify.com/products/in-christ-1
To order book and study guide of “Redeemed and Righteous by Nature”: https://faith-builders-with-philip-and-michelle-steele.myshopify.com/products/redeemed-and-righteous-by-nature